Things move fast at Aspen Dental, but you never go it alone. The idea behind the business model is simple – a support system with you at the center. We’re a community that thrives on collaboration and has fun while doing it. Whatever your role, there is always the next challenge to conquer. Aspen Dental breaks down barriers, provides opportunities, and makes it easier to fulfill your ever-evolving ambitions. Explore a culture of possibility. Because here is where you’ll find lives changing lives.
As a reflection of our current needs and planned growth we are very pleased to offer an opportunity to join our Finance and Accounting team as Assistant Controller. This position will be an integral part of the Accounting team for a growing dental management company in East Syracuse, NY with plenty of with growth opportunities. The candidate will support various aspects of finance and accounting for the entire organization. The position requires individuals who can contribute to a fast-paced close process and have great attention to detail.
- Critical member of the financial statement close process including reviewing monthly account reconciliations in corporate accounting areas.
- Perform functions to support the Controller as the organization goes through a Finance transformation to an enterprise wide cloud based ERP. Serve as active team member in the ERP implementation.
- Research the accounting and financial implications of new transactions, contracts and business endeavors.
- Act as a key support person for external annual audit.
- Prepare, review and analyze monthly financial reporting for areas of responsibility.
- Assist in the month end and year-end closing processes as required.
- Perform technical research on existing and new standards to ensure transactions are recorded in accordance with GAAP.
- Assist in documentation and monitoring of internal controls.
- Work with other team members in order to standardize practices and procedures.
- Analyze and interpret statistical and accounting information in order to appraise operating results in terms of profitability, trends and other matters impacting the effectiveness of the operations.
- Special projects and ad-hoc requests as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (minor or experience in Information Science a plus)
- CPA required
- 7+ years of related experience
- Hands on tier 1 ERP System Experience required, Workday financials ERP experience a plus
- Project management skills managing milestones, team workflow and resources
- Demonstrated experience implementing new processes, policies reporting, training and continuous improvement
- Strong analytical, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, most notably Excel, with ability to learn new skills quickly.
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to multi-task and complete assignments within tight time constraints and deadlines.
About Aspen Dental Management, Inc.
Aspen Dental-branded practices are supported by ADMI, a dental support organization that provides non-clinical business support to licensed, independent dentists.
ADMI - 281 Sanders Creek Parkway East Syracuse, New York 13057 United States