Southern Illinois University’s Dental School Dinner
On Thursday March 10th, Aspen hosted a dinner for the fourth year class of Southern Illinois University’s Dental School at Tony’s Restaurant in Alton, Illinois. We had a fantastic turnout, with 41 out of the 46 students attending, and one implant resident.
The dinner was an opportunity for Aspen not only to introduce itself to the students, but also to educate the students on the challenges they’ll now face as they transition into the real world. On hand to provide some insight was Dr. Alok Gupta, a 2010 SIU graduate currently working as a Managing Clinical Director in our Springfield, IL practice. Also on hand was Dr. Eileen Dossett, who made the transition from private practice to working for Aspen this past year, after owning her own practice for nineteen years. Dr. Gupta and Dr. Dossett facilitated a lively discussion focused on their experiences as the students asked questions about what to expect from the real world.
Once the discussion and dinner was over, Aspen gave away two $100 Visa cards and a voucher for a pair of Oakley loupes worth about $1700! After the raffle, about 30 students joined Recruitment Manager Ron Brush and Regional Manager Amanda Briggs for drinks at the local pub!
Updated: March 16, 2011
- Jun 02 - Pace of Practice Ownership Appealing to Dr. Reddy
- May 18 - Ever wonder how Aspen got its start?
- May 09 - Interview with Dr. Lee
- Apr 14 - Dr. Katie Leyes Speaks About Oral Cancer
- Apr 01 - Oral Cancer Awareness Month
- Mar 25 - Dr. Shermnae Jones at the Himman Dental Meeting
- Mar 24 - Live from the 2011 Hinman Dental Meeting
- Mar 16 - Southern Illinois University’s Dental School Dinner
- Mar 03 - Chicago Midwinter and ASDA Anaheim
- Feb 09 - Sponsorship Opportunities at Aspen Dental